Tuesday 12 August 2014

Wearing my Work

Holgar Putin, the visiting freelance commercial photographer commented on the haptic nature of my images on fabric. He also said that although I fixed 'All My Shit' onto the surface of the fabric, because of the way I handled it and stored it, it was still part of me.
Of course, this is true; no matter how I disseminate the symbol-heavy pieces, the actual reality of what the work represents will still be with me and a part of me.
I considered presenting the results of my enquiry in the form of a performance installation where I dress myself in the silky fabric, then pack it away again, as if to say ' I have all these stressors, but if I look at them long and hard and try to see beauty in them, I can then pack them away again and leave them be for a while'

Wearing All my Shit 

Wearing all my shit I

However, I would like to include still glossy images on paper, perhaps positioned on the wall behind the silk hanging, so the viewer moves round the fabric to see what is behind. That way , they also get to see the image from the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment