Friday 15 August 2014

More Planning and Preparation


I am in the studio again thinking about how to show my work. I have decided to print another two fabric hangings so that the viewer feels a little overawed and intimidated (hopefully)

 I measured the studio and am thinking about how to make the most impact with the space I have.




I am going to create a corridor down the centre of the room, using the hangings as 'false walls'.
I will then place an image behind each hanging so that you have to walk behind it to see the image.
I may place a third image on each side wall, in the gap between the hangings. That will draw the viewer towards it and make them aware of the images hidden behind. I hope to evoke the feeling that  I cannot escape my shit, and that it is always there, hidden in the background, waiting to come crashing into my life again.

I have also been painting cardboard boxes that I want to use to mount some of the paper images on.
I am also painting the walls and plinth ...





Once these are dry, I will experiment by sticking the image to the largest side and attaching the box to the wall. I want to give the impression of the images 'hanging' in the same way as the fabric.



No comments:

Post a Comment