Saturday 19 July 2014

Picnic Interlude

Rebecca Thomas organised a picnic shoot for all of us in Hatfield House gardens.

We all joined in for a group shoot for Lisa, then did our own things.

I played around with a  Polaroid camera with very little success. The shutter through which the exposed image slides was not narrow enough. So the emulsion did not spread across the image enough.



I then set up some insect tea party sets. I was looking at the annoying occurrence of insects invariably spoiling the picnic! These plastic ones don't look too threatening though!








After I had finished with the food, I did a 'Mash up' set after Cindy Sherman's series of food and vomit images set up on the beach. I believe she was commenting on self-loathing and eating disorders.




From a section of this image I made a multiple kaleidoscope image.


I love the way any kind of mess can be made into a neat, ordered, attractive image. This again represents what I am trying to do with things that vex me!

Here are are couple more multiplied images:

The sense of balance and control work well in this image I think.

 A neat and precise picnic where those insects will never be able to eat the jam tarts.
In this one I used the area of shadow under the glass cake stand. Combined with a section of the paper doily, it makes a calm swirling, flowing pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment