Sunday 27 July 2014

Another artist at the forefront

Emily Price is a new graduate from Nottingham trent university.
Her work was exhibited at the Photographers' Gallery in the 'Fresh faced and Wild eyed' collection recently. She could be considered an artist at the forefront as she has combined several techniques and processes in a new way. She uses photographs, collage and digital manipulation to create mesmerising patterns that disguise the serious or disturbing subject matter of her images. My heart dropped when I saw Emily's work as it is very similar to my own!


Emily Price 'Saturation' series

In this image, Emily has used images of people from a protest march and manipulated them into an attractive symmetrical pattern. She has then printed a continuous roll of the image onto fabric.
I have also printed large versions of my images onto fabric!
I like the way the fabric is displayed like it is in a shop and the assistant has thrown out a length for the customer to examine!
Beth Coles 'Mother' 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment