Saturday 19 July 2014

Indexing All my Shit

As well as forcing objects representing negative things in my life into abeyance, I thought it might be interesting to catalogue them too. I have found a perspex card indexing box, with alphabetical dividers.



If I write a detailed, informative paragraph about each object used in the work it will add to the sense of recording and preserving them. It might help me to feel that they have been logged, forced into submission in an image, catalogued, and put away in a little box. Maybe this process will be cathartic in helping to lock away bad stuff and move on in a lighter frame of mind??
 Many artists such as Yayoi Kusama, Louise Bourgeois and Tracy Emin used and use their work as therapy. So I am following in their footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment